FUTURES – NETWORK STATS – MINING – MARKET SIZE – SOFTWARE – LIGHTNING
Top story line: Bottom price holds, network volumes are down, Lightning bombshell, Bitgo as custodian vs Paxos and Gemini stablecoins
Transcripts coming soon…
GET OUR FREE FUNDAMENTALS REPORT
A weekly report with all the fundamentals you hear about on the show. Stay informed, and it’s free.
SUPPORT THE SHOW!
No Ads + Member Content on PATREON
BTC or PayPal DONATE
Get 2 free audio books when you sign up on Audible
- Price: $6451
- 1 finney: $0.65
- $1: 1.5453 finneys | 15453 sats
- Daily 200 SMA: $7626
- Mayer Multiple: 0.849
- Okex Futures: (Sep) $6386 | spread -$85
- CME Futures: Sep $6330 | Oct $6380 | open interest 2,858 / 14,290 btc
- Bitmex Futures: Sep $6430 | Dec $6417
- Longs / Shorts: 25,800 / 36,700 (0.70)
Short remain elevated
- Market Cap: $111B
- Global Bitcoin MC: $198B
- Maximalist Price: $11,488
- Volatility 30-day: 2.76%
- On chain vol (24h): 980,000 btc | $6.4B
- Avg tx val (24h): 4.15 btc | $26,800 k
- Median tx Val (24h): 0.052 btc | $334
- Current release: 0.16.2 / 0.17 RC3
- Next major release est: 0.17.0 – Oct, 2018
- Merged PRs: 37
- Proposed PRs: 18
- Closed issues: 9
- Capacity: 115.79 btc
- Channels: 12,430
- Nodes: 3,454
Lightning Network is possibly twice as large as we think
Tweet #1: “The price level of all monetary goods is determined by (and only by) reservation demand.”
Tweet #2: Master vs Slave mentality. I also think of this as altcoiners/scammers always have a victim mentality.
Regulated stablecoins are the threat, not ETFs and futures.
Two new products from Paxos and Gemini
Gemini’s USDG is completely centralized and censorable. This is my worry.
THANK YOU LISTENERS!
Huge list of episode sources
Music by Tonezpro
**DISCLAIMER: This is not investment advice, do your own research.**